In accessing and using this website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. The information contained in this website intended as a guide only. AgSolutions Australia Pty Ltd (“AgSolutions”) attempts to ensure the information contained in the website is both accurate and up-to-date. However, AgSolutions makes no warranty, guarantee, or promise, express or implied, concerning the content or accuracy of the information accessible via this site. AgSolutions is not liable or responsible for the results of any actions taken on the basis of information about a product or service, nor the actions of persons using this product or service, nor for any error in or omission contained in this product or service. Persons intending to act on any information contained herein should first check with AgSolutions to ascertain whether any later information is available.
This website contains links to other sites that are external to AgSolutions. The links are inserted for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. Further, these links do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated Company, product or service. AgSolutions expressly disclaims all and any liability and responsibility to any person in respect of the use of material provided from these website links.
AgSolutions Australia Pty Ltd (AgSolutions) is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) of the Privacy Act 1988 and our procedures regarding personal information are designed to ensure that our customers, suppliers and contractors rights under the APP’s are protected.
What kind of information we collect and hold, and for what purpose
1) AgSolutions understands the importance of protecting the privacy of personal information collected from customers, suppliers, sub-contractors employees, job applicants and other parties for the primary purpose of establishing and maintaining records in order to conduct business with them currently and in the future.
2) The type of information we collect and hold varies depending on the nature of our business and interactions with you. We may collect information that includes your name, postal address, email address, date of birth, trading history, trade references, tax file number, bank account number, financial details, employment history, reference checks, emergency contact number information and any other information that is considered necessary for business functions and activities. Some personal information is deemed sensitive under the Privacy Act and we will only collect sensitive information with your consent or when permissible under Australian law and will only use this information for a legitimate purpose where this is reasonably necessary.
How we collect your personal information
3) Wherever reasonable and practical to do so, we collect personal information directly from you. This may happen when you fill out an application for credit or an administrative form or when you give us personal information over the telephone, complete a form on our website or during a person to person conversation. Sometimes it may be necessary to collect your personal information from a third party.
4) AgSolutions may collect your personal information from third parties, for example, we may need to collect personal information from a credit reporting agency, your representative (such as a legal adviser), your financial adviser or your accountant. This information is only used for the purpose of conducting business which includes, but is not limited to, recruitment and other HR functions, and licensing functions.
How we use and disclose your personal information
5) We collect, hold and use personal information in order to provide you with products and services and to operate our business efficiently. We may also use or disclose personal information to assess credit or other applications, manage credit and other agreements, for planning, product and service development, research purposes and to assess risk profiles of customers or potential customers. We will not use or disclose personal information that we collect for any purpose other than the primary purpose for which it was collected unless:
a. You consent to such use;
b. The other purpose is related to the purpose for which the information was originally collected, and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for the other purpose; or
c. The use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Australian Privacy Principles.
6) AgSolutions does not intend to disclose any personal information to overseas recipients.
How we track personal information on the web
The information we collect?
8) We may use information for research on our members' demographics, which may include your URLs, browser and IP address.
Who may we share this information with?
10) We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
11) We may release your personal information only when we believe release is appropriate:
a. for the operation of www.agsolutions.com.au; or
What else can we do with personally identifiable information?
12) We may store and use your personal information to help us operate www.agsolutions.com.au effectively. This includes using your information:
a. to help provide any other services that you have requested.
b. to offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
c. for any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
d. for any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
13) A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (e.g. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (e.g. Microsoft Explorer or Netscape) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
a. track traffic patterns to our site;
b. ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
Changing this policy
How we hold your personal information
16) We store information using various means, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by:
a. limiting access to personal information to those that need access;
b. securing your personal information; and
c. protecting our systems with relevant technology solutions.
17) AgSolutions will share information internally where relevant, but consider unauthorised disclosure a serious and dismissible offence. Our Team Members have an obligation to maintain the confidentiality of all people and company information.
18) We may need to retain your information after our relationship has ended, however, we will not retain identifiable personal information longer than reasonably necessary and permitted by law.
How you can access and change your personal information we hold
19) If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you should speak to one of our Customer Service Team Members, who will direct you to the appropriate person. More complex requests should be made directly to our Chief Executive Officer.
20) If there is a reason why we cannot agree to your request for access to your personal information we will advise you in writing.
21) If you believe that your personal information is inaccurate, not up-to-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, and you wish to change your personal information, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to correct it. In some situations we may not agree to a request to correct information we hold about you, however if this occurs we will advise you of our reason for not agreeing to the request.
What to do if you have a question or concern
22) If you have any questions or concerns concerning our privacy practices, please contact our Chief Executive Officer. We will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns within a reasonable timeframe, and where appropriate, will advise you of the general reasons for the outcome of any complaint.
23) If you have made a complaint and it remains unresolved or you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (the “OAIC”). The contact details for the OAIC are:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 2999
Canberra ACT 2601
Phone: 1300 363 992
Changes to this Privacy Statement
AgSolutions Australia Pty Ltd
8 Wadell Road GYMPIE QLD 4570
Toll Free: 1800 81 57 57
Telephone: 07 5482 0500
Fax: 07 5482 0555
Updated September 2017