27 Feb LISMORE Soil, Pasture, Livestock Health & Nutrition Seminar
LISMORE Soil, Pasture, Livestock Health & Nutrition Seminar
Date: Wednesday, 15 March 2017
Time: 10.30am for a 11.00am start
Venue: Sth Lismore Bowling Club
Want to learn the latest nutrition techniques to help increase profits and improve the sustainability of your herd?
The seminar will cover strategies to improve profitability through the latest techniques in livestock nutrition, pastures, forages and animal health management.
RSVP – For catering purposes please RSVP by Tuesday 7 March.
To reserve your seat phone us today on 1800 81 57 57 or McGregors Lismore on (02) 6621 2577
Gary Zerner from AgSolutions Australia will speak on:
- Taking and using soil test data
- Opportunities to diversify your farm
- Return on investment – feed or supplement
- Growing and utilising forages
- Giving you control and choices
- Nutrition for cattle and horses
- Risks and opportunities for grazing oats and dry forages
- Opportunities in backgrounding and feedlotting
- Balancing grain diets
- Understanding the link between soil and plant nutrition.
- How to maximise dry feed intake
- Increasing weight gains on green grass
Andrew Hallas from Zoetis will speak on:
- Using worm egg counts for better drenching decisions
- Reproductive disease management through vaccination
Mike Gout from Seed Force will be speaking on:
- Increasing winter pasture feed production
- Improving animal intake of forage
- Increasing the energy density of pastures, all aimed at:
- Driving increased and lower cost milk production and liveweight gain